u Power Max 2 and Power Max 2Plus feature power output up to 40 amps and cable length up to 25 feet
u Power Max 2Plus features Wi-Fi connectivity
u New station is nearly 50 percent smaller than original Power Max
u Plug-in installation with thermal monitoring
WARREN, Mich. – A leader in residential electric vehicle charging, Bosch announces the Power Max 2 and Power Max 2Plus, its newest 240-volt, Level 2 electric vehicle (EV) charging stations. The new stations will offer 30-amp, 7.2kW and 40-amp, 9.6kW configurations for faster EV charging and use the SAE J1772 standard connector, found on most EVs sold in North America.
Building on the popularity of the original Power Max, the Power Max 2 is sleeker and more compact. It offers higher output power and is designed to minimize installation costs. The Power Max 2Plus additionally features Wi-Fi connectivity to accommodate a variety of control and monitoring applications.
“The original Power Max has been a great product for us, having been selected by several OEMs as their preferred station and performing as the market volume leader in multiple sales channels,” said Jeff Hudnut, Bosch Automotive Service Solutions product manager. “The second generation is even more powerful, with additional features to provide a greater value for our full spectrum of customers.”
In addition to being a more powerful and compact charging station, the Power Max 2 and Power Max 2Plus feature:
- Hard-wired of plug-in installation configurations
- USB data storage, power metering and Wi-Fi connectivity on Power Max 2Plus
- Hard-wired or plug-in installation configurations
- Front access to station electronics for easier, faster installation
- LEDs indicating charging status and station power
- On/off switch for zero energy consumption
- Thermal monitoring at station wall plug
- Generous 18- or 25-foot cable lengths
- Weather-resistant NEMA 3R rating for outdoor installation
The new Bosch Power Max 2 and Power Max 2Plus are now on sale, with pricing starting at $674 for the four variants:
- Power Max 2 30A/18-foot cable;
- Power Max 2 40A/18-foot cable;
- Power Max 2 40A/25-foot cable; and
- Power Max 2Plus 40A/25-foot cable.
In North America, the Bosch Automotive Service Solutions Business Unit of the Automotive Aftermarket business division (AA) supplies aftermarket and repair shops with a range of vehicle repair solutions. This includes testing and repair-shop technology, shop equipment, specialty tools, diagnostic software, electric vehicle charging stations, dealership service programs and service training and information under the Bosch, OTC and Robinair brands.